As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Ligon has been able to influence funding decisions which have directly benefited the Third Senate District. • Helped secure funding for the technical college campus in Glynn County!
• Helped secure funding to build new dorms on College of Coastal Georgia campus!
• Helped secure funding for planning and design of the technical college in Camden County along with another $17 million in bonds to construct the new campus! • Obtained $2 million for the public library's redesign in Glynn County!
• Obtained funding for the feasibility study for the closure of Noyes Cut in effort to improve the river and marsh habitat and fisheries bordering Glynn and Camden counties!
• Secured funding for the Coastal Greenway project which has resulted in approximately $2 million per year through competitive grants!
• Helped transition the unused Juvenile Center in McIntosh County to the headquarters of the Coastal Regional Center!
• Secured additional funding to reimburse McIntosh County for expenses to maintain State properties!
• Due to federal budget crunch in 2013, helped persuade Georgia Ports Authority to allocate approximately $3 million to restore Brunswick Harbor to its approved 36-foot depth!
Living in Times...When Real Leadership Matters
While serving in the Georgia Senate, I have consistently worked for conservative principles of limited government, free enterprise, lower taxes, individual liberties, and family values.
• Endorsed by NRA, GA Right to Life, and NFIB
• Legislator of the Year Award from Georgia Baptist Convention